Planning a wedding can be a daunting task. There are so many decisions to make, and it seems like there is never enough time to get everything done. One of the most important decisions you will make is who to hire for your wedding vendors. There are many great options in the Boone area, so it can be hard to decide who to go with. In this blog post, we will highlight some of our favorite wedding vendors near Boone, as well as why your party will love The Barn on New River!
Top Wedding Vendors Around Boone, NC
Planning your perfect wedding day begins with finding the right vendors to help you manifest your vision. With so many different wedding vendors around Boone, it can be hard to narrow down your list—fortunately, we’ve done the heavy lifting for you through years of working together with some of the best companies in the business! Here are some of the top wedding vendors near Boone:
There may be nothing more important to sealing a wedding’s success than sharing a delicious meal with those you love. Check out the following caterers we love to work with!
· Reid’s Café and Catering: Looking for indulgent yet fresh food to perfectly compliment your wedding ceremony? Supported by local, seasonal ingredients, your guests will love the fare from Reid’s Café and Catering from North Carolina’s own Sugar Mountain.
· Gadabouts: With world-class catering for weddings, company luncheons, private parties, and more, Gadabouts offers Boone and the surrounding area an upscale dining option for all their special events.
· Morchella Provisions: Based in Jefferson, this European-style provisions company offers exquisite meals from hors d’oeurves to desserts. Your guests will be licking the plate!
Choosing the right florist is a huge part of setting the scene and providing the kind of ambiance you want to go for on your big day. Here are some of our local favorites:
· Golden Thistle Design: With an organic, bespoke style sure to please any bride, Golden Thistle Design offers thoughtful, gorgeous arrangements from Blowing Rock, NC.
· April Flowers: Looking for simple, elegant flower arrangements to grace your wedding tables? Look no further than NC’s own April Flowers, which offers brides not only stunning floral work but a background in design and product development so you know you will stay on theme.
· Millefleurs: Are you looking for a florist who will bring your vision to life? Millefleurs works to ensure that fairytales do come true on your special day—no matter what time of year you get hitched!
It’s no secret that weddings benefit from a DJ or emcee to keep the party moving and entertain the guests. Here are some of the best in the business:
· Mohr Fun Events: With hundreds of weddings under their belt, this DJ service provides newlyweds with stress-free entertainment that guests will be talking about for years to come! If you are looking for a DJ service that will cater to your needs, contact Mohr Fun Events.
· Mountain Peak Sound: Offering 20 years of professional DJ and live music experience, Mountain Peak Sound provides a rotating roster of talent so you can choose the best entertainment for your big day!
· On Target DJ: Not only will this DJ service allow you to create a playlist from the beginning to the end of your festivities, but they also are a budget-friendly option as well! Look into North Carolina’s own On Target DJ!
No matter how many tiers you want your wedding cake to be, you want it to be made fresh and you want it to be delicious. When it comes to crafting delicious confections perfect for feeding your whole wedding party, here are the top contenders:
· Hallmark Cakes: It is one thing to order a fancy, ornately-piped wedding cake…but it is yet another thing for that cake to be delicious, and made from scratch. Nobody does it better than The Cake Lady at Hallmark Cakes!
· Stick Boy Bread Co.: Looking for cake or cupcakes to feed your party? Check out artisanal baker Stick Boy Bread Co. for exquisite, locally-made baked goods.
· Appalachian Cookie Co.: Are you interested in no-fuss sweet treats that people can enjoy without a plate? Appalachian Cookie Co. has your back with scores of different cookie options (including gluten-free)!
The last thing you want is for your guests to go hungry on your wedding day. Providing charcuterie means tasty snacking all night long, as well as gluten-free, vegetarian, or vegan options for those with special dietary restrictions. Here are our local favorites:
· Boone Boards: With a mouth-watering, eye-pleasing spread that can easily be made vegan or vegetarian upon request, Boone Boards is owned by a North Carolina native keen to provide each guest with a tasty bite.
· High Country Boards: With artisan meats and cheeses, fresh and dried fruits, local honey, mixed nuts, gherkins, and more, there’s a lot to love about grazing a creation from High Country Boards!
· Venture Chocolate & Wine Co.: Nestled within Boone town limits, Venture Chocolate & Wine Co. features bean-to-bar chocolates and truffles, charcuterie, espresso, and wines.
Bar Tending and Alcohol
When it comes to celebrating, a little alcohol can keep spirits light and limbs loose on the dance floor. Three quality mobile bartending services in the Boone area are:
· Sweet Sips Bartending: Based in Charlotte, NC, Sweet Sips Bartending provides your wedding with a professional bartending experience for refreshing, tasty drinks all night long!
· Vintage Pours Mobile Bar Service: With over 20 years of experience bartending for many happy customers, Vintage Pours is delighted to provide your wedding with the added pleasure that comes from a well-poured drink!
· Happy Trailers: Looking for something a little more laid back than hard liquor at your wedding, or simply hoping to offer guests a wide variety of alcohol? Consider hiring Happy Trailers’ beer wagon at only $375 per day with a five-tap capacity!
Best Wedding Venues Near Boone, North Carolina
With so many different wedding venues offering high-caliber services today even in smaller towns like Boone, how can you choose the right wedding venue for your big day? Let us tell you what sets The Barn on New River apart from the pack:
1. Prime location on the Southfork of New River. This means your guests will have ample opportunity to enjoy the dulcet sounds of the rolling river and enjoy the cooling effects that come with being at the river’s edge. New River is known for its placid waters—perfect for canoeing, fishing, and other waterside fun, making for an unforgettable atmosphere on your special day.
2. Views of Grandfather Mountain. What’s not to love about views of the Blue Ridge Mountains? On a clear day, your guests will have access not only to the riverside but to breathtaking views of nearby Grandfather Mountain standing at nearly 6,000 feet. For stunning views, book well in advance for an autumn wedding when the leaves are changing!
3. Photo ops at the top of the mountain. Up for some wholesome, outdoor fun? Travel up the ridge for an even better vantage point of the gorgeous Appalachian countryside.
4. Walkthrough dahlia garden. This is the backdrop photographers yearn for, folks! Our walkthrough dahlia garden has charmed guests and newlyweds for years, so consider planning your wedding during the peak blooming season.
5. Old Hay Barn. This structure offers a covered area for cocktail enjoyment, yard games, and a fire pit for continued festivities. Carry on to the wee hours with those closest to your party, with lodging accommodations on-site as well.
6. 100 private acres. With 100 acres to explore, your guests will love the stunning landscape for disconnecting from the daily grind, and you will love the private, intimate setting for tying the knot!
The Barn on New River
Looking for a wedding that is distinctly Appalachian? With unparalleled views and photo opportunities, on-site lodging accommodations, and a lengthy list of vendors we love to work with, there are a lot of perks for selecting The Barn on New River as your wedding venue.