A wedding planner can take care of all the details, from start to finish, and make sure your wedding goes off without a hitch. Here are the top ten reasons to hire a wedding planner:
1. Wedding experience. From finding ample parking for the full extent of your guest list to finding the right emcee for your celebrations, the right wedding planner will have years of experience under their belt. Most of us only get married a handful of times, but a wedding planner lives and breathes weddings! With skillsets like interior design, budget management, event coordination, legal counsel, and more, hiring a wedding planner is a smart move for adding a polished feel to your big day.
2. Local connections. Hiring a wedding planner local to your desired venue is a smart play for a couple of reasons. First, they will have an insider’s take on what you can expect for weather or other local factors. This is particularly important when it comes to creating contingency plans for continued celebrations in inclement weather! Second, they will likely already have a list of vendors they love working with who may even already know how to work in the event space. Can you imagine trying to call florist after florist, for example, just looking for one that works with your vision, budget, and venue? Wedding planners do all this work for you through earned connections with local vendors.
3. Saving money. You may think hiring a wedding planner is an extra, unnecessary expense—but wedding planners can actually be a great way to save the newlyweds money during the planning process. For example, they may know of special deals vendors have which make certain times of day or year more affordable, and they can also help you stick to your budget. Most wedding planners will advise that you plan some padding in your budget for any last-minute hang ups and help you to plan for the unknown.
4. Organization. It’s no secret that there are a lot of moving parts when it comes to planning a wedding. From keeping vendor’s contact info to budgeting to scheduling events, a wedding planner will take this responsibility off your plate by staying organized and prepared to make your wedding as smooth and fun as possible.
5. Logistical planning. How many people are on your guest list? How many people can your venue accommodate? How many bathrooms are at your venue? Is there running water or a kitchen station for caterers? These questions and more go into logistical planning for your wedding. For many brides, the fun of their big day is more about bringing their families together and less about hashing out the nitty gritty details—hiring a wedding planner means this is one less thing you have to worry about!
6. Behind-the-scenes work. The wedding planner allows your wedding day to truly be all about you! While they may be helping caterers unload their holding trays, you can be getting ready with your bridesmaids and sipping on champagne. For some, this reason alone is worth the expense of a wedding planner!
7. Fresh ideas. Whether you know what aesthetic you want to go for or you are open to a wedding planner’s designs, having extra brainpower when it comes to lighting, décor, and color palettes is almost always welcome. Even on your best day, you can only come up with so many ideas—a wedding planner will have a lifetime of wedding experience behind them!
8. Professional advice. A professional wedding planner may be able to offer you important legal or logistical counsel for important decisions around your big day. A common example of when this might be relevant surrounds alcohol and permitting. If you want an open bar at your wedding, how can you legally accomplish this? A good wedding planner will already know this like the back of their hand.
9. Problem-solving on the big day. Last-minute catastrophes can sometimes happen, even with the most thorough planning in the world. A bride shouldn’t have to worry about the officiant not showing up or the DJ needing a power strip to run their equipment; a good wedding planner will problem-solve for you on an as-needed basis so you can relax and focus on the good stuff.
10. Catering to your needs. Whatever your goals for your wedding day, a thoughtful wedding planner knows this is meant to be an event to remember for a long time, and a meaningful experience to share with your families. Find a wedding planner that will cater to your specific needs so that your unique family dynamic, theme ideas, or wedding dreams can come to light with the best possible resolution.